Children with ASD
Parents with children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder face a host of unique challenges in identifying resources and providers experienced in assessment and treatment of this disorder. We recognize the importance and effort it takes to obtain a diagnosis, and to coordinate treatment from many specialty professionals including speech, occupational, and physical therapists, as well as with behavioral training programs, outpatient therapy, and psychiatric services. This is why we have dedicated a professional who works in this specialty area to help parents navigate through local and statewide resources. MBHN works closely with a Psychologist specializing in Autism.
In order to meet the needs of families who have a child with an autism spectrum disorder, MBHN is there to assist. Information and benefit coverage is subject to each member’s health plan Certificate of Coverage. MBHN offers the following range of services:
- Designated specialized care management services to assist families in arranging treatment and coordinating care.
- MBHN provider network with traditional behavioral health providers including psychiatrists, psychologists, and therapist. MBHN also has providers who specialize in behavioral training such as Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs), agencies and facilities that specialize in treatment of ASD including applied behavior analysis (ABA) programs that provide in-home services or facility based programs, LOVAAS and CARF accredited autism treatment programs.
- Guidance to families in hiring direct care workers in geographic areas where there are no available agency-employed direct care staff.
- Protocols for assessment, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of ASD.
- Coordination of care with primary care providers.
- Understanding of and compliance with state mandate regulatory provisions.
For more information contact New Avenues, Care Management Department at 800-223-6246. Ask for the Autism Program Specialist.